Do you think of yourself as a crazy scientist, always experimenting and striving to create new concepts or solve the impossible?
Do you have a passion for food and new culinary trends?
Have you launched new, super innovative products which challenge the norm and stand out in a competitive market place?
If this sounds like you... we want to hear from you!
We have partnered with an extremely creative FMCG food brand based in central London, who are responsible for launching products into one of the newest and fastest growing categories in the industry.
This VC backed business has just raised over £4m worth of investment to launch an exciting new innovation hub and to grow their team - they are looking for an experienced R&D Scientist to come on board to take the lead on all R&D concepts and experiments.
The ideal candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of food proteins and oils.
What will the role involve?
- Lead the core science and idea development of completely Vegan capabilities to be used in products launched to market
- Execute world class R&D into the next wave of high quality free-from products, working directly with the innovation team leading on quality, texture and taste
- Build strong external partnerships with universities, consultants and industry experts within the plant based area
- Take the lead on laboratory experiments, formulation builds and developments for new applications of plant based proteins
- Lead on the understanding of product microstructure and analysis, whilst assisting in work around incrementally improving the companys existing products
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Head of Innovation in building up the innovation team moving forwards
- Keep close to future market trends and appetites, attending key trade-shows locally and internationally, to help inform the companys innovation strategy moving forwards
- We estimate that youll spend around half of your time in our main office (based in central London) and the other half in our R&D facility. That facility will be based about 15 minutes away from the office.
What are we looking for?
- PHD (preferred) or Masters degree in food science, engineering, chemistry or equivalent
- >3 years experience as a scientist in R&D / formulation / research within food
- Deep knowledge in oils and proteins (plant-based a bonus)
- Experience with sensory profiling in food
- Experience in design of experiments, running lab trials and scale up of capabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of IP development
- Experience working with product development teams that have successfully launched products in market
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally and build solid relationship internally
- Honesty & integrity
***The client has expressed that only FMCG brand/marketing/activation candidates will be considered for this role***
We have partnered exclusively with a Global FMCG brand who are looking to recruit an International Brand Manager into their growing team. This is a newly created role, with full ownership of all brand activation across South Korea, Spain, Russia & Poland.
The business is highly entrepreneurial and fast-paced, with a collaborative and inclusive culture.
1. Lead the development of the annual marketing plan in line with the local market strategy
- 1.1 To develop a Consumer and shopper activity plan designed to drive delivery of the KPIs set out in the brand strategy and / or the annual operating plan for selected markets as agreed with the Marketing Manager and Regional Managers
- 1.2 To work alongside the Regional Manager to identify appropriate distribution/range/price opportunities for the brand in the market
2. Provide ongoing consumer/brand insight to support the development of the local market strategy
- 2.1 Lead the understanding of the competitive environment, developing implications for Twinings and providing the appropriate input into the local brand strategies and the commercial plans
- 2.2 Maintain an understanding of the touch points in the market, their trends and effectiveness and their relevance for Twinings
- 2.3 Source and manage the relationships with marketing and research agencies both in the UK and in the market
3. Lead and manage delivery of all aspects of the annual marketing plan
- 3.1 Work with the local market team to agree marketing plan laydown to drive delivery of the financial plan
- 3.2 Develop appropriate brand selling stories and support the Regional Manager on category selling story development
- 3.3 Track delivery of the marketing plan against agreed milestones and all relevant consumer / shopper / trade KPIs in all aspects of the marketing mix
- 3.4 Carry out post activity MROI and systemise learnings for future planning
- 3.6 Support the local team through marketing presentations to both the distributor and trade as necessary
4. Creative development
- 4.1 Manage the creative process locally and develop all appropriate materials in delivery of the marketing plan to include key visuals, point of sale material, digital and print media, PR along with any additional touch point needs as agreed in the marketing plan
- 4.2 Manage local websites, developing and maintaining content whilst ensuring appropriate data protection and network security policies are fully adhered to
- 4.3 Sign off final artwork, brand guidelines and marketing materials for the region, ensuring consideration given to stakeholder feedback
5. Agency and supplier management
- 5.1 Investigate and source appropriate agencies and suppliers in support of marketing plan development and execution
- 5.2 Develop appropriate agency briefs, liaising with key stakeholders as appropriate
- 5.3 Ensure supplier set up and approval processes are carried out in line with Twinings policies and procedures and all suppliers are ethically audited and maintain log of status
7. New product development
- 7.1 Identify appropriate new and existing product development opportunities, deploying appropriate research techniques and to considering both market specific needs as alongside assessing suitability of global new product development initiatives
- 7.2 Initiate and manage all NPD through the gate process
- 7.3 Develop copy and sign off artwork as appropriate, ensuring full compliance for products and marketing communication with local regulatory frameworks
A leading global FMCG organization is developing a new European data centre, focusing on advanced analytics to position data at the core of decision making for all commercial and marketing choices. This ambitious Martech initiative involves scoping, building and owning the consumer data product, its evolution and usage strategy for Europe. The key focus will be to unlock the competitive advantages this data will create across the business.
Working alongside the data science and translation teams, the Data Product Owner reports to the Data Strategy Director, with a dotted line into Digital Marketing Director. Collaborating with the marketing, insights, advanced analytics and IT functions to embed this data and its usage, you will work closely with the digital marketing team, jointly owning the collection strategy across Europe and informing the marketing usage of this data asset.
- Develop and maintain a Consumer Data & Martech strategy and roadmap in partnership with insights and marketing teams to deploy across all brands and European markets.
- Evangelise the benefits and best in class use cases of consumer data (1P, 2P and 3P) across the marketing and insight functions driving engagement and usage.
- Transform relevance and effectiveness of marketing activations across the business by leading continual advancement of our data-driven systems to deliver audience insights and mass personalisation from media to shelf.
- Partner on segmentation Test & Learn pilots to drive continuous improvement and understanding of the most effective models, scaling meta-learnings across the sector.
- Experience within an FMCG, Consumer or Retail industry of identifying & influencing consumers across multiple channels based on behaviour.
- Experience of putting data at the heart of a strategy, driving strong ROI based on data led decision making with a real awareness of the consumer data landscape and the opportunities to evolve and augment current data assets.
- Proven capability of using technology to maximize user experience during interactions. This is not an IT role so candidates must have worked closely with the technological side of digital.
- First class communicator, confident engaging and influencing multiple stakeholders to build strong working relationships, with an aptitude to galvanize teams and secure buy in from a matrix organisation.
If you interested in being considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your profile, quoting reference PJ17840, to Paul Jones
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.