Supply & Demand Planner
Homeware / Kitchenware / Dine
Hybrid - 3 days office - hybrid working (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
£30,000 - £32,000 plus bonus and 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
To manage the forecasting and warehouse replenishment process for high value brands on a global level with multiple distribution points, bringing together system generated forecasts and on the ground insights from the sales team to optimise service to our customers.
To drive sales and profit through strong availability.
To monitor and manage supplier performance.
What will my accountabilities be?
- Forecast sales demand using forecasting systems and input from the sales team
- Manage lead time, safety stock and seasonality curves to optimise forecast and replenishment accuracy
- Place purchase orders, within Open to Buy, for warehouse replenishment, optimising MOQs across stocking points
- Work with the Merchandise Planner to manage forecast and order book in line with latest trends and within Open to Buy
- Provide seasonal and quarterly forecasts to suppliers, informing them of volume commitments and expectations in terms of shipments and delivery dates. Communication of purchasing and trading issues with proposed actions to merchandise planners, senior management and product team
- Analyse supplier delivery performance and recommend appropriate actions
- Monitor and manage the availability of stock by ensuring planned launch and replenishment dates are adhered to in line with internal and external customer guidelines
- Monitor availability & order fulfilment putting action plans in place to drive improvements
- Attend NPD meetings
- Build strong working relationships with Sales, Distribution and Quality
A great candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 - 3 years experience in Demand Forecasting or Supply Chain Planning.
- Experience in FMCG/housewares industry and from a Retail / ECOM background.
- Experience of planning large SKUs count breadth of offer with diverse rate of sale and channel distribution.
- Planning experience within owned and sourced brands, as well as third party ones.
- Interpretation of customer forecasts in large multi source formats.
- Familiar dealing with a Far East supply base in availability, stock.
What happens next?
Apply today with your most up-to-date CV that will be reviewed by our MKJ Recruitment team.
First Stage: 1 hour Teams meeting with the hiring manager
Second Stage: In person interview at their offices with presentation
If you can be in the office in Birmingham 3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday) and have retail merchandising experience, please share a copy of your profile with Suzanne Farrin at [email protected]
People are at the heart of everything we do. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive recruitment process that means people can be their best authentic self.
We would love to reply to all applications, regrettably we are unable to do so due to the high volumes we receive, so if you do not hear back within 14 days unfortunately on this role it wont be progressing. It is possible that the position could be in the process of closing, so chalk it up to bad timing. But, have no fear! There will be more opportunities. Follow us at Mackenzie Jones Recruitment so you dont miss them. 👀