‹ Back to search results
IT Manager. £31k + Benefits Package. Birmingham. Permanent. Flexible Working. T6/MN/18120.
Opportunity for an IT Manager to work for leading Arts based organisation. The role will focus on ensuring
the business-critical systems are fit for purpose, troubleshooting systems, and focusing on future proofing the IT systems in a fast-moving digital environment.
The role will offer exposure to a wide range of technologies across - Infrastructure, Digital Technolgies, Ticketing, EPOS & Back-Office Systems.
The role would suit an individual that has a real passion for technology and enjoys working with varied teams across an organisation to ensure IT & Systems are fit for purpose - this is a unique role.
- Hands-on technical experience.
- Ensure Wi-Fi Network Infrastructure is robust and fit for purpose.
- Project management of IT & Network improvements.
- Development & implementation of Cyber Security - covering both technology and user training.
- Improving systems such as Firewalls.
- Manage and monitor the IT budget.
- Provide IT resources for art-based programmes.
- Manage a wide range of external IT support providers covering - Infrastructure, SaaS, Finance, Ticketing & EPOS applications & systems.
- Develop, review, monitor and report on Service Level Agreements.
- Manage and lead a Senior IT Support Technician - 2nd line support level
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation coveting - storage of data, PCI compliance & data protection
- Manage a Media Studio and its IT systems.
- Assist with IT training & maintenance of software.
- Identify and supply IT Services to support new Digital initiatives & Cloud based technology.
- Undertake hardware & software auditing - establish renewal & replacement needs for IT equipment & stock.
- Oversee the department in the setting up of all user accounts - provide training for all staff & new starters.
- Recruit, manage and support staff working in the IT Department.
- Ensure effective communication between all departments within the organization.
- Maintain awareness of developments and trends in IT.
Technical Skills & Experience Required:
The majority of the IT Systems have third-party support agreements in place, but the role does require hands-on technical knowledge across some of the technologies listed below.
- IT Back Office & Systems Administration is essential.
- IT Manager or Senior 3rd Line Support level of experience.
- Managing external IT Support providers - SLAs etc.
- Software Licensing & Procurement.
- Wi-Fi - ideally Aruba but will consider other Wi-Fi experience - 3rd line support level experience.
- Microsoft Server 2019 or 2012R2 - 2nd or 3rd line support experience.
- Windows 10 - 2nd line support experience.
- Office 365 - 2nd line support experience.
- Active Directory - Group policies etc.
- Virtualization - Hyper-V or VMWare - knowledge of virtualisation.
- Microsoft SQL Server - updating accounts etc.
- IP Networking - DNS & DHCP.
- Cisco LAN & VLAN technologies.
- VoIP Phone Systems support.
- IP Firewall concepts & VLAN technologies - would be desirable.
- Knowledge of - Data Security & Protection desirable.
- Strong management skills - ideally have led a small team, or a team of one.
- Project management skills & experience.
- Ideally have IT budget management experience.
- Self-motivated - able to work on your own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills (both written & verbal) - enjoys communicating with a range of people at different levels.
- Must be Customer focused - combined with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Works well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent eye for detail and a commitment to excellence.
- Reliable combined with a positive approach.
- Excellent understanding of standard word processing & spreadsheets.
- Willingness to learn new skills activities.
HR & Finance Systems / Venue Ticketing Software / Point of Sale Software / Live Streaming / Digital Signage / Cyber Essentials.
33 Days Holiday + Contributory Pension + Life Assurance + Staff Development & Training Programmes + Staff Discounts + Complimentary Tickets + Health & Wellbeing Programme + Life Insurance.
Keywords: IT Manager, Head of IT, IT Operations, 3rd Line Support, Third Line Support, IT Management, IT, Infrastructure Support, Windows, IT Support, EPOS, HyperV, Network Support, Wi-Fi, IT Support, Office 365, MS Servers, IT Manager. Birmingham, Permanent, T6/MN/18120.