‹ Back to search results
Do you think of yourself as a crazy scientist, always experimenting and striving to create new concepts or solve the impossible?
Do you have a passion for food and new culinary trends?
Have you launched new, super innovative products which challenge the norm and stand out in a competitive market place?
If this sounds like you... we want to hear from you!
We have partnered with an extremely creative FMCG food brand based in central London, who are responsible for launching products into one of the newest and fastest growing categories in the industry.
This VC backed business has just raised over £4m worth of investment to launch an exciting new innovation hub and to grow their team - they are looking for an experienced R&D Scientist to come on board to take the lead on all R&D concepts and experiments.
The ideal candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of food proteins and oils.
What will the role involve?
- Lead the core science and idea development of completely Vegan capabilities to be used in products launched to market
- Execute world class R&D into the next wave of high quality free-from products, working directly with the innovation team leading on quality, texture and taste
- Build strong external partnerships with universities, consultants and industry experts within the plant based area
- Take the lead on laboratory experiments, formulation builds and developments for new applications of plant based proteins
- Lead on the understanding of product microstructure and analysis, whilst assisting in work around incrementally improving the companys existing products
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Head of Innovation in building up the innovation team moving forwards
- Keep close to future market trends and appetites, attending key trade-shows locally and internationally, to help inform the companys innovation strategy moving forwards
- We estimate that youll spend around half of your time in our main office (based in central London) and the other half in our R&D facility. That facility will be based about 15 minutes away from the office.
What are we looking for?
- PHD (preferred) or Masters degree in food science, engineering, chemistry or equivalent
- >3 years experience as a scientist in R&D / formulation / research within food
- Deep knowledge in oils and proteins (plant-based a bonus)
- Experience with sensory profiling in food
- Experience in design of experiments, running lab trials and scale up of capabilities
- Knowledge and understanding of IP development
- Experience working with product development teams that have successfully launched products in market
- Positive attitude, proactivity and a tenacious character: things in our business can change very quickly, so being comfortable reacting quickly to unexpected opportunities and challenges is super important too!
- Ability and interest to work cross-functionally and build solid relationship internally
- Honesty & integrity