‹ Back to search results
Procurement Value Delivery Manager
A Global FMCG business seeking to recruit a Procurement Value Delivery Manager to lead complex transformational/change programmes within our clients procurement team.
You will be responsible for overall management and execution of projects with the support of the buying team. In addition, you will be supported by the Head of Procurement Excellence to drive consistency and best-practice between Category Teams.
The role of Procurement Value Delivery Manager is a new role that has arisen to help the Procurement Team to ensure execution excellence as the projects the team looks to deliver increasingly become more technical and advanced in nature. The role will help the Procurement and the broader business leadership drive change more quickly and will support the existing Buying Team by providing more focus to their current roles.
- Fully own and manage the pipeline of projects being delivered by the procurement team
- Lead the cross functional ideation, feasibility, and project chartering of new opportunities
- Complete financial forecasting and execute cost savings projects
- Collaborate with cross functional teams in Procurement, R&D, Quality, Sustainability etc to ensure on-time and on-target project execution
- Champion best practices, continually improving ways of working by collaboration with value delivery peers and the procurement Excellence Team
- Where required conduct Supplier negotiations, bids, renewals to deliver annual awards for mega tender projects
- Identify and deliver on synergies as a result of M&A activity
- Work with manufacturing excellence Team to execute and support make vs. buy decisions
- Effectively manage relationships with manufacturing facilities
- Ensure compliance related process and procedures are uncompromised
- Assure high quality standards, on-time deliveries, bench costs and ensure food safety regulations & CSR requirements from all Suppliers
- Experience of complex procurement project management ideally gained within a management consulting or FMCG environment.
- 4 + years Experience in a functional procurement/category management role ideally within FMCG
- Breath / Depth experience in sourcing processes and procurement standard methodologies, with experience of implementing them in a global environment
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong collaborative working skills
- Strong stakeholder management
- Excellent project management pedigree
- Able to delivery ongoing improvement and best practices, willing to identify and come up with potential solutions