‹ Back to search results
IT Manager. Circa £60k + 5% Bonus + Benefits Package. Permanent. Staffordshire. T6/MN/17825.
Leading European organisation is seeking to secure an IT Manager to focus on managing and overseeing all aspects of IT practises and processes, services, policies, and programs, ensuring alignment to Business and Global and European IT strategies.
- Manage IT projects and organizational integration.
- Strategic IT planning which is aligned to the Global/European IT strategy.
- Oversight of IT performance.
- Approve and monitor major IT projects, covering budgets, priorities, standards, procedures, and overall IT performance utilising Global IT toolsets.
- Overseeing the troubleshooting of - systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery - able to provide expert support when necessary and ensure continuity, trouble-free operation of main business applications.
- Part of the IT Global Steering Committee - follow through on initiatives, and implementations approved by the IT Steering Committee.
- Further development and optimisation of business processes, business applications aligned to the overall IT strategy.
- Manage the interface between all UK sites related to IT matters.
- Coordinate and synchronise IT processes with central departments and interface between Shared Service functions.
- Define the sequence of IT/System implementations and data migrations across the IT sector.
- Preparation and execution of project plans covering - implementation, technical standards, data monitoring, cost planning and controls.
- Third Party Suppliers & Consultants - select and manage the delivery of third-party suppliers against SLAs etc.
- Management of IT projects across - Business Applications, ERP, DMS, Business Intelligence systems at a national level - coordinate with European IT function.
- Support the introduction of a Shared Service concept across - ERP, BI - Business Intelligence and DMS -Document Management System.
- Manage the selection and purchasing of all software covering - ERP systems, business applications, hardware, regional IT suppliers with approval at Global IT level.
- Regional Infrastructure - assist with the planning, implementation of additions, decommissioning and major modifications to the regional infrastructure.
- Maintain company assets.
- Continual improvement - identify opportunities for improvement and provide constructive suggestions for change.
- Aware of and an advocate for emerging IT industry practices.
- Line Management - manage an IT Analyst to provide cover, and potential natural succession within the IT team.
- IT Manager - 6 + years experience
- Project management of IT projects - 5+ years experience
- Confidence and experience of reporting to Board level
- Managing IT Platforms, Applications, and Infrastructure across multiple sites
- Supporting Global, Regional and Local IT strategies
- Matrix management or line management experience
- Strong knowledge of - ERP Systems, BI - Business Intelligence and DMS - Document Management Systems
- Managing successful implementation across - ERP, BI - Business Intelligence, DMS - Document Management Systems - typically, MS Dynamics NAV (Navision), Microsoft Power BI or SAP Business Objects and SAPERION in the core functions of a company such as - Purchasing, Production, Sales & Finance
- Master Data harmonization across a diverse business environment
- IT Networks (IPv4, Routing, Switching, Firewalls, Wi-Fi) - Preference given to those with Cisco and Fortinet experience - 5 years experience
- On-premise Exchange, Office365, Active Directory, Microsoft Server, and SQL Server - 5 years experience
- Virtualization - VMWare - 5 years experience
- Analytical and fast thinking mind-set
- Self-motivated with a proactive approach
- Strong communication skills - demonstrable experience of communicating with Global and Regional IT Teams
- Third Party Management - demonstrable experience of managing suppliers and external consultants
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Collaborative approach
Keywords; IT Manager, Applications IT Manager, Applications Manager, Infrastructure Manager, IT Manager, ERP, BI, DMS, Networks, VMWare, Cisco, Fortinet, Microsoft, IT Management, IT Manager, Staffordshire, T6/MN/17825.