‹ Back to search results
Materials Planning Specialist
A leading FMCG manufacturer seeking to recruit a Materials Scheduling Specialist to join a newly formed Supply Chain team based in Derbyshire.
Key responsibilities of the Materials Scheduling Specialist:
- Determining the required materials and generating purchase orders.
- Ensuring materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
- Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
- Coordinating with others regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
- Tracking production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
- Scheduling and overseeing the supply and delivery of materials and products.
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and distributors.
- Managing inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations.
- Preparing cost estimates and performance reports.
Candidates for the Materials Scheduling Specialist opportunity must have;
- At least 2+ years' experience within a complex Materials scheduling or production planning role within an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field preferred
- Experience using IT systems (ideally SAP R/3, SAP MRP and SAP APO)
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office